Position Number: SB-0614 - download pdf
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a national leader in designing, managing and analyzing cancer clinical trials. CRAB partners with clinical investigators to offer respected biostatistical expertise supported by sophisticated web-based data management systems. CRAB services assure timely and secure implementation of trials and reliable data analyses.
CRAB is responsible for the design, management and analysis of a variety of phase I, phase II and phase III cancer clinical trials, as well as the analysis of associated laboratory data, including microarray, SNP, RNA-Seq, and proteomics data. The successful candidate will lead the statistical core of grant applications, collaborate with fellow biostatistics staff, clinical investigators and other scientists to design ancillary studies involving high-dimensional data, analyze and evaluate such data.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate high-dimensional data, such as gene expression, SNP, RNA-Seq, DNA-Seq, array CGH and proteomics data in collaboration with fellow statisticians and other scientists
- Design ancillary studies involving high-dimensional data in collaboration with fellow statisticians and other scientists
- Assist in the development of new grants and contracts and take the statistics lead of such grants and contracts
- Give oral presentations of study results and represent CRAB at scientific meetings
- Design and analyze clinical trials and associated ancillary studies in collaboration with fellow statisticians and other scientists
- Maintain knowledge of state of the art statistical methods on high-dimensional data analyses
- Contribute to statistical methods research
- Provide statistical consultation with collaborating staff and external clients
- Provide guidance to junior level biostatisticians
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, or related field
- Sound knowledge of applied statistics
- Proficiency in statistical computing in SAS or R
- Three years of relevant experience with analyzing and evaluating high-dimensional data
- Grant writing experience
- Strong publication record in survival analysis, high-dimensional data and related areas
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising junior level biostatisticians
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy while interacting with staff and clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a full-time position and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, please describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications of this position.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via U.S. mail, FAX, or E-mail to:
Cancer Research and Biostatistics
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101-1468
FAX: (206) 342-1698
Re-Post Date: June 6, 2014 Closing Date: open until filled