Position Number: SB-0113 - download pdf
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a national leader in designing, managing and analyzing cancer clinical trials. CRAB partners with clinical investigators to offer respected biostatistical expertise supported by sophisticated web-based data management systems. CRAB services assure timely and secure implementation of trials and reliable data analyses.
The Sr Biostatistician is responsible for the design, management and analysis of a variety of phase I, phase II and phase III cancer clinical trials, as well as the analysis of associated laboratory data, including microarray, SNP, and proteomics data. The successful candidate will collaborate with fellow biostatisticians and clinical investigators to design, evaluate and interpret clinical studies. The successful candidate will also assume the role of Co-Director of the Biostatistics Core of a recently funded Sarcoma SPORE Grant. This position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and analyze clinical trials and associated ancillary studies in collaboration with fellow statisticians and other scientists
- Maintain knowledge of state of the art statistical methods on design and analysis of clinical trials
- Contribute to statistical methods research
- Provide statistical consultation with collaborating staff and external clients
- Assist in the development of new grant opportunities
- Present oral presentations of study results
- Represent CRAB at scientific meetings
- Provide guidance to junior level biostatisticians
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, or related field
- Statistical trial design experience
- Sound knowledge of applied statistics
- Proficiency in statistical computing in SAS or R
- Three years statistical trial design experience
- Biostatistical consulting experience preferred
- Oncology, clinical trial experience a plus
- Strong publication record in survival analysis, high-dimensional data and related areas
- Experience mentoring and/or supervising junior level biostatisticians
- Proven ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy while interacting with staff and clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a full-time position and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, please describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications of this position.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via U.S. mail, FAX, or E-mail to:
Cancer Research and Biostatistics
Attn: Hiring Coordinator
1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1900
Seattle, WA 98101-1468
FAX: (206) 342-1698
Re-Post Date: April 18, 2013 Closing Date: open until filled