Aligning Vision with Community, CRABCares Gives Back
CRABCares, an employee-driven community service committee, promotes participation in events that align with CRAB's vision to end suffering from cancer. The program was launched in 2013 as a grassroots movement to integrate CRAB with its local community and to promote a service-based culture within CRAB.
The CRABCares Committee organizes and connects staff members, family, and friends of CRAB to events that advance research, support patients, raise awareness, and create hope for cancer survivorship. In addition to cancer-centered programs, CRABCares extends its outreach to address a broader scope of issues impacting members of the Seattle community. Every year, CRABCares provides lunch at the YouthCare Orion Center for children, youth, and young adults battling homelessness.
Common CRABCares events:
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Big Climb
- American Lung Association Lung Force Walk
- Cancer Pathways Fashion Show & Gala
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Purple Stride
- Washington Talking Book & Braille Library – support with operations
- Serving meals to youth who are homeless or at-risk
- Raising funds and organizing gift/supply drives for homeless youth and young adults
Propose a community service project for CRABCares
Do you have idea for a community service project that CRABCares can support? To propose a project or event, please visit our Contact Us and enter your name, contact info, and details about the proposed project in the “specific message” box at the bottom of the form. Or, email your proposal to [email protected].